Friday, June 17, 2011

Dakota's Thoughts


Howdy all, Dakota here! So today is the fourth day since the first camp started and let me tell you something, I am loving every single moment of it. I have 4 campers in my cabin—cabin Kind! Cabin Kind has all the younglings; the youngest is seven years old and his name is Thaddeus, awesome name right?! The next oldest are both eight years old and their names’ are Tristan and Grant and the oldest camper in cabin Kind is Zach at age nine. It has been such a long time since I have been that old and it is crazy to see and watch them think and act. And to be honest I probably act like I am eight or nine sometimes, but only if the time is in need of silliness. All of my campers are a bit on the quiet side, for the exception of s’mores. Learned that the hard way, but I am just so thankful to even be a part of Cross Bar X and thank God for giving me this amazing opportunity to serve Him this summer. He is already moving mountains and its only day four! God is so good!

Cross Bar X is such an amazing place to serve God and have lots and lots of fun, but that does not mean it is always easy. Spending all day with the kids tires me out and I know the only way I am going to get through every day is to rely on nothing but God. He is my strength and thought,  sometimes I think I am not cut out for the whole counselor thing. I think of… In my weakness His power is made perfect. I love that so much and so blessed God has everything under control. One thing I would ask for is prayer. Prayer is so powerful and it’s a thing of beauty when we, as God’s children, can just talk to Him. There are some specific prayers I would like to request:
1.       When I came to Cross Bar X a lot of things were happening back home, especially with my family. I left home and things were still not good and in way I felt like I was just leaving that problem behind and I couldn’t do anything about it, but I have realized something…  I left them in the most caring and loving hands anyone could be in—God’s hands. I still don’t know what’s going to happen but one verse that’s been on my heart for a long time is Proverbs 3:5-6, “Love the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make you paths straight.” Trusting God is all I have to do because I know whatever happens God is going to make it amazing because his plan is perfect!
2.       Prayers for my walk here at Cross Bar X are for the campers God has put into my life. All of my campers know God, but not much, so I want them to know so much more about God. It is not an easy task to sit down and try to talk to four distracted, elementary boys about Jesus. So pray for discernment and for God to give me the words to speak to these kids. I am so stoked God has given me the opportunity to serve Him in this way—counsel to kids.

Thank you so much for your time and it feels so awesome to get to share how God is working in my life at Cross Bar X! 

God Bless!
Dakota

No comments: