Wednesday, June 13, 2012

2 on 2: Two Counselors on Day Two



Counselor #1... Chris
Hey, Chris here! During the first night at camp I had a 10 year old male camper who has never been to Cross Bar X before.  From the minute he got here he was having tons of fun and getting along really well with the rest of the guys in our cabin.  The first night game we played was capture the flag and as you probably know, the sneakier you are the better.  This new camper was wearing tennis shoes that lit up every time he took a step so he was far from sneaky.  We played a round of campers versus staff and he got tagged several times in a row.  The other kids were making fun of him and his shoes and he was discouraged to the point of crying.  Before I even had the chance to comfort him and try to cheer him up the other boys in my cabin were already there telling him what an awesome job he was doing and how cool they thought his shoes were.  Even though I already knew I was going to have an amazing week with these boys, this event sealed the deal.  I was so proud of those boys and ever since then they have been even more amazing than they were the first night!  I love my cabin and this camp!

Pray for Chris this week...





Counselor #2... Maria
Hey everyone! I’m Maria and this my first summer at CBX and it’s been 24 hours since my first campers arrived! So much has already happened- it’s amazing to see what God can do in so little time. I think one of my favorite moments so far happened this morning in our cabin time when one girl, Maggie Mae, shared about a close family member passing away and the pain she was still dealing with. Without hesitation, another girl in our cabin, Delilah, subtly responded “I’ll pray for you.” Delilah’s response to Maggie was such a sweet moment of witnessing the child like faith that Jesus talks about. I am continually blown away by the vessels of wisdom that my girls are and how much the Lord has taught me through them. And I have to remind myself it’s only been a day! I am so grateful for this opportunity to share my life with these campers and be stretched and grown in ways that can only happen in an atmosphere like this. God has been so faithful and I can’t wait to see the different ways He continues to show me His goodness and glory. Thank you for all of your prayers and support so far, I really appreciate them.
Pray for Maria this week...

No comments: