Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Everything I Need Is Everything You Are

Written by Savannah


Everything I need is everything You are! 
This is so true at camp! 


As a first year counselor I have learned so much already in the first couple weeks of counseling! 
I am nothing and He is everything! Dying to myself which is so hard but so worth it! 

Through all of this craziness God is working so greatly in the lives of these girls! Getting to be their counselor and love on them is truly a privilege! My first week was such a challenge as I had a camper who was rather difficult and managed to keep me up until midnight my first night of counseling! God worked through this girl to teach me so much and I know she learned a lot as by the end of camp I was able to watch her truly worship God and be able to say she is alive in Christ! I even got a postcard from her this week! 

This past week I have a sweet wonderful cabin that loves to hug, serve and have a ton of fun! After a rough couple of first days God overcame the circumstances and has brought so much joy! I got to see two Burmese girl refugees open up and the first thing she has said during cabin time is “I learned I need to trust Jesus!” 

One of my other girls has expressed her joy in worship especially the song All Because Of Jesus by telling me during one-on-one time “I love worship, it makes me feel like I’m in Heaven!” 

 It has been phenomenal to see God work in their lives and go from not saying anything to saying God is all I need and the joy on their faces as they run around camp! God is so good and so much greater than anything we can imagine! When we die to ourselves and move out of the way to let God move, more amazing things happen than what we can even dream of!



No comments: