Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Through the Eyes of Keith

Hey everyone! My name is Keith and I'm one of the male counselors here. We're halfway through our first full day of camp with the Phoenix falcon camp, and I love how well it's going. The Lord blessed me with a cabin of really easygoing guys who get along quite well for the most part. Some of them are already diving into memorizing passages from the Bible, and it's really encouraging to see. My guys are Arron, Edgar, Christian, Devon and Mamoud. They're all 11 and 12 years old, but they've seen a lot more than most people my age have seen. Pray for their hearts to be open to the gospel this week and for them to desire the good things God has in store for them.

This week has a lot of promise in it. I love counseling these guys, but sometimes it seems too much to wake up in the morning because I feel I have nothing left for them. Pray that I remember to trust in the Lord every day and that I receive the peace He promises to every believer. I also have trouble being patient with the guys sometimes, especially when they start antagonizing each other on purpose. Pray that I can keep my patience when they start picking on each other for no good reason. Also, keep the bible teacher for the week (our very own Jenny Walker) in your prayers as she teaches these kids about the love that Jesus has for them.

That's it for now! Thanks for your continued support!

No comments: