Thursday, June 23, 2011

When I Am Weak, Then I Am Strong-Counseling through the Eyes of Erin

Hi! My name is Erin, and this is my second summer counseling at Cross Bar X. After spending last summer in beautiful Durango, CO, the thought of returning was always in the back of my mind, but as time went on, I saw God opening the doors to allow me to do so. I am excited to be returning this year as the Head Female Counselor of a ministry through which I have seen God work wonders, and I can’t imagine a better place to do ministry, even if just for the summer.

We are currently in the middle of our second Falcon camp from Phoenix, AZ, and I am counseling a cabin of four girls, ages ten and eleven. They are a pretty quiet group of girls which was somewhat frustrating at first, but God has really shown me His faithfulness this week through that. As we study Philippians, we talk a lot about Paul’s humility, a lesson which I am learning right along with the campers. God is teaching me that no matter how much preparation I have or how confident I feel in my position, everything that happens ultimately comes down to His will. It is by God’s grace alone that I am seeing growth in my girls, and it is in His power that I am able to love them like I do. Just as my cabin read this morning in our devotion time, I am learning, slowly but surely, to boast in my weaknesses so that Christ’s power may rest on me. Please pray that I continue to hand the reins over to Him each and every day so that He can do His good work.

No comments: